? ??????????????Live, Love, Laugh? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.8 (5 Ratings)??165 Grabs Today. 4702 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Dream Forever? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??135 Grabs Today. 1482 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:??? CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Casper Marathon!!!

Brian ran the casper marathon on Sunday!!! A marathon is 26.2 miles. The day was freezing at 40 degrees and very very windy. His time was 4 hours and 2 minutes. He was a little upset because he wanted under 4 hours. He has bad knees and on the last four miles his knee started to cramp up. I could tell he was in pain but he is not a quitter. I was a little worried because Cade and I would drive around and cheer him on and at the last stop before the finish line I kept seeing the other people he was with and no Brian. He eventually came around with this look of pain but determined to finish. I am so proud of him! He is now thinking about doing it next year. GOOD JOB BRIAN!!!!!
The finish line


He was to tired and freezing to want to take a picture. I can't blame him. He sat on that curb for awhile!!!

7 comments:

The Martinez Fam said...

Congrats on finishing the race, Brian, and you can't possibly feel bad about that time!! That's awesome!! I think you're a little nuts for wanting to put yourself through so much pain!:) Anyway, GREAT JOB!!!

The Martinez Fam said...

Oh, and good job Darlene & Cade for cheering him on!!!:)

Kim said...

I've been meaning to call you Darlene to see how it went! I have been nervous since you told me he had a bad feeling about it. I am SO glad nothing bad happened. Great time Brian!! You are amazing. Way to go!

Bobbi said...

That is soo AWESOME!!! I don't think I could even run a mile right now---that is so cool. Great job Brian, what an accomplishment--hopefully your knees are feeling better! And good job to you to!! It is hard being the waiting for the race to get over too!!

The Martinez Fam said...

Okay, so I am sorry to comment a third time, but I forgot to thank you for rubbing in the fact that your LONG Sundays in church will be getting better in a couple of weeks! I can't wait until Mireya goes to nursery!!:)

Stephanie said...

Congrats Brian. THat is such an awesome time. I'm so impressed! I'm glad you did well. 4 hours and 2 mintues sounds heavenly to me. Especially in the context of labor and delivery! I would kill for that time, so maybe you should be happy!!!! Congrats.

Lisa said...

Wow, I can barely run one mile without dying! Go Brian! And Darlene, I love your music...I keep finding new songs from your playlist to add to mine! :) Loves!